291 ON KING
At 291 on King, we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information and data.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by 291 on King during transacting business with an individual.
How you may provide us your personal information:
By making a reservation.
By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
Making a reservation:
When making a reservation it is necessary to have information to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, and more. We may also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. Sometimes we offer special offers to, for example, for loyalty, for seniors or for children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth to verify this upon check-in, such as facial recognition or drivers licence details.
From time to time, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
291 on King may use the information you provide to send you offers and information through newsletters or email promotions. If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Unsubscribe”, so indicating your request with sufficient personal identifiers so we can appropriately act on your request. All our marketing communication of this type will also contain instructions for unsubscribing.
Information provided to us in communications regarding service delivery such as Comment Cards or Guest APP
Information provided to us in this way will be used solely for recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognising employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
By visiting our website:
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
Why we collect Personal Information:
· To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
· To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better, for example, we may record your preference for type of room.
· To develop, enhance, market, or provide products and services, for example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
· To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyse guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
· To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When do we disclose personal information?
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgement of 291 on King is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to affect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by 291 on King to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by 291 on King to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgement of 291 on King it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimised by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by 291 on King to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
· 291 on King will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
· 291 on King will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
· 291 on King will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
· 291 on King will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
· 291 on King will honour your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
· You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
· You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at [email protected], using ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
Storage and security of your personal information
The 291 on King will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you and to keep this information accurate and up to date, including information that is stored electronically. Our employees and agents are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by 291 on King. However, 291 on King is not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information. An eligible data breach is where there has been an unauthorised access of personal information that can cause serious harm to the individual. 291 on King will notify the individual and the Office of the Australia Information Commissioner of the eligible data breach. In this notification, 291 on King will make recommendations to the individual on the steps they should take in order to protect themselves in relation to the breach of information. Serious harm can include physical, psychological, emotional, economic, and financial harm, and harm to a person’s reputation.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information, please contact [email protected] or 02 4949 2424
291 on King St PTY LTD
291 King Street, Newcastle NSW 2300